I had the pleasure of attending the celebration of life for LTC Mark Weber Friday and help with the celebration following the service. Pastor Kris shared Matthew 5:13-16 as the Gospel lesson.
1. Do you go along with the crowd, even when you know that God wouldn’t approve?
2. Do you let sin dim your light?
3. Do you deny the light; denying that you are Christian?
4. Do you keep quiet when you should speak up about Jesus?
5. Do you explain your light to others? Do you tell others about how wonderful Jesus is?
6. Do you pray for others?
7. Do you ignore the needs of others?
All these questions can be turned into examples of ways to let your light shine and live your life as a testimony. Live your life and let your light shine!
In his book Tell My Sons Mark wrote “My family cries, we yell, we laugh, and we try to talk about what all of this will ultimately mean for them. Mostly we focus on living the life we have and focusing on what we can do when things don’t go as we want.” Live your life and let your light shine!
Prayer – Lord, we want to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. We want to make life more tasteful for everyone, we want to let our light shine. And we want our lives to show people the right way to live. Help us to keep having godly attitudes so that others will know that we are Christians and will want to know You better. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.